Products that Build our World
1929 Dr Norman de Bruyne working on synthetic resins.
1931 Cambridge Aircraft company set up (later Aero Research Ltd).
1938 Air Ministry approved the use of resins in military aircraft (Blenheim bomber, Spitfire).
1947 Working relationship with CIBA, leading to the company becoming CIBA-Geigy in 1970. Resins used in the Royal Coronation coach, ‘Comet’ (first jetliner) and ‘Bluebird’ (land speed record).
1989 Resins division sold to Dyno Industries (a Norwegian company tracing its roots to the Alfred Nobel explosives group). Company renamed Dynochem Ltd.
1995 Dynochem moved production of urea formaldehyde resins to the Synthite Ltd site in Mold, North Wales. Dynochem build a resins plant and formaldehyde plant in Cork, Eire.
1996 Construction of a phenol formaldehyde plant. Resins used as part of the rebuilding of York Minster after a major fire (laminating oak beams).
2000 Dynochem was purchased by Industrie Kapital (a Scandinavian venture capital group) and merged with Neste Chemicals to form Dynea. Site renamed Dynea UK Ltd Mold.
2003 Dynea purchased the chemicals division of Perstorp. The Newton Aycliffe site becomes part of Dynea.
2013 Dynea Mold purchased by the Tennants group and becomes part of the Synthite group within Tennants. Company renamed TS Resins Ltd. Dynea Cork becomes part of the Tennants group. Company renamed Marinochem Ltd.